Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Short Boobs

Espen and I are sitting in bed reading stories. This is post bath and he has requested to be "nudie". Alright, no peeing in the bed, ok? Ok. Full speed ahead.

This is one of his favorite tales. Father Bear Comes Home. At the height of the story's arc, the part when mermaids could make an appearance at ANY MOMENT, Espen freezes.

He touches his nipple. Looks at me, aghast.

"Mama. I. have. a. BOO-BOO!"

That's Espen speak for boob. Not owie.

I nod. "You do! How about that!"

He tries to look at it. Hard task. But the evidence is undeniable.

"Mama! You have biggie boo-boos!"

Relatively speaking, this is true.

Then he looks at his right side.

"I HAVE ANOTHER BOO-BOO!?!"

Mind, blown.

I step in. "That's right! Two boo-boos! How do you feel about that?"

The child is not easily overcome for long. He smiles serenely and puts his fingers together in typical "little bit" fashion.

"Good. I have short boo-boos. Mama you have biggie ones."

And like that, we were back into the story, mermaids and all.

Only now I can't stop thinking about short boo-boos.

No comments:

Post a Comment